All-Stars: Battle of Fighters
Want to view the game's progress and other exclusive boards? Create an account now to view what the members of the site are able to access.

:: All Stars : Battle Of Fighters :: O V E R V I E W

View previous topic View next topic Go down

:: All Stars : Battle Of Fighters :: O V E R V I E W

Post by Rhino.Freak on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Please read this! This Thread is important!

Alright people, I have been getting some complaints and questions like why do we have so many characters from different mods modified, and why aren't we making stuff on own etc.. Well to answer all such questions, I am making this overview thread to announce to people of what the project really is and what not..

All Stars : BoF OVERVIEW

So firstly let me describe what the project is, the basic and the most important idea is to add different characters from various popular anime for an amazing playable game, now comes the questions :

Why are we using ripped sprites? Why not custom sprites and custom characters?

- This one is bothering a lot of people, so yes, WE WILL GO CUSTOM IN FUTURE, not for now, and that too for your sake, making custom sprites requires a LOOT (yes very lot) of time, our team only has 2 Spriters for now (Mark and Soraru) and even if we all work together on custom sprites, it would EASILY enough take more than 1 year to get a basic release with few characters.. So we will go custom, but later, since many people's priority is the forum, it would die out without any progress for 1 year.

Why are we revamping characters from old anime projects instead of recreating it?

- Let me answer this as clear as I can. Say we create Naruto from Ninja Council 4 from scratch, even if we do so, 90% of the things will be same as other old mod's character because the basic sprites are same!
Take an example of Ichigo from first release, though it is revamped from an old project, all the basic moves and special moves are very much recoded!

Even if we code it from scratch it will resemble them and many people can and will still accuse us for using those characters. So I, have decided to use those base, modify accordingly and add all the new moves.. in future releases you people will surely notice all the changes.

Our motive is not to prove that we can create something custom from scratch although we are creating lots of custom characters as well, but it is to create a perfect fun game to play and the team is and WILL work hard for it! Thank you for staying with us!

We have given credits to all the peoples whos base we used and modified, and they are supportive as well! Very Happy

And yeah we will be going fully custom in the upcoming period as well for those who need everything custom.

Last edited by Rhino.Freak on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of words)

.:All-Stars BOF:.
Thanks to good ol' Gman & Shivam for this! What a Face 
Rhino.Freak
ALL-STARS CODER
ALL-STARS CODER

View user profile http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: :: All Stars : Battle Of Fighters :: O V E R V I E W

Post by G Man on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Good luck guys.
I believe in you.

~G man, out. <3

G Man
Amateur
Amateur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassi on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm

I understand all those Razz hmmm Serious Face

Here ya go, bro'.
                                                                                     ~Shivam
Spoiler:
Jassi
Amateur
Amateur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm

thank you for it! I hope everyone does..

Thanks to good ol' Gman & Shivam for this! What a Face 
Rhino.Freak
ALL-STARS CODER
ALL-STARS CODER

View user profile http://pokegames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angat on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 pm

I do too, Rhino~sama.

Credits to T.O.R.N.A.D.O